Now accepting 2013 applications. The Students of Integrity Scholarship offered by BBB Foundation, is designed to support students who recognize the importance of ethical and responsible marketplace practices.
SCHOLARSHIP: A $2,500 scholarship will be awarded to one student in each state: Alaska, Oregon and Western Washington.
To qualify, students must:
- Attend an accredited high school in Alaska, Oregon or Western Washington.
- Graduate in 2013 or 2014, with plans to attend college after graduation.
- Meet academic requirements, with a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
PROCEDURE: Read all instructions carefully:
- Fill out the application form, including all required fields and signatures.
- Write an essay on the enclosed theme.
- Have a faculty or staff member, counselor, employer or community leader complete an original letter of recommendation and the corresponding form; items must be submitted in an official, sealed envelope. Enclose the sealed letter in your submission to BBB.
- Submit a sealed transcript from your accredited high school.
THEME: Which one of BBB’s Standards of Trust do you value most in businesses? Why?
RULES: The essay should be one thousand words or less—typed and double-spaced. Please include your name and high school's name in the header of every page. Discuss viewpoints and give examples where applicable.
An independent panel of judges will evaluate submissions using the following criteria:
- Overall insight into the essay topic
- Clear presentation of ideas, readability and organizational flow
- Specific examples
- Spelling and grammar
SUBMIT: All components of the application MUST be submitted at one time. Incomplete applications will not be considered by the judges. All essays become property of BBB. No faxed or emailed applications, please.
BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU
Attn: Students of Integrity Scholarship
P.O. Box 1000
DuPont, WA 98327
DEADLINE: Must be postmarked by Monday, December 31, 2012
Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Winners will be contacted and announced in March 2013. Winners' names and schools may be released to the public and news media for promotional purposes. Non-winning applicants will not be notified.
QUESTIONS: Please email BBBFoundation@thebbb.org.
Download the Scholarship Application Form