1. The following organizations may link to our BBB Web site, www.alaskaoregonwesternwashington.bbb.org, www.alaska.bbb.org, www.oregon.bbb.org or www.westernwashington.bbb.org , without prior written BBB approval:
· Government agencies;
· Search engines;
· News organizations;
· Online directory distributors when they list our local BBB or CBBB in the directory may link to BBB's Web site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Web sites of other listed businesses; and
These organizations may link to BBB's home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party's site.
2. BBB may consider and approve in its sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organizations:
· commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce, American Automobile Association, AARP and Consumers Union;
· dot.com community sites;
· associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
· online directory distributors;
· internet portals;
· accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
· educational institutions and trade associations.
BBB will approve link requests from these organizations if BBB determines that: (a) the link would not reflect unfavorably on BBB and its accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organizations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link); (b)the organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with BBB; (c) the benefit to BBB from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of BBB accreditation; and (d) where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organization.
These organizations may link to BBB's home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and it products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party's site.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to www.alaskaoregonwesternwashington.bbb.org (or any of our URL’s) as follows:
· By use of the name "Better Business Bureau"; or
· By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
· By use of any other description of BBB's Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party's site.
No use of BBB's torch logo or other design trademark of CBBB will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement from CBBB. Use of CBBB design marks specific to a particular BBB program (BBBOnLine or Accredited Business Advertising Program), participants and businesses should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for proper trademark usage, advertising guidelines and restrictions.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around BBB's Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site.
BBB shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify and defend BBB against all claims arising out of or based upon your Web site. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights:
BBB reserves the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to BBB's Web site from your site. You agree to immediately remove all links to BBB's Web site upon such request. BBB also reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to BBB's Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
What You Should Know About Links We Have On Our Web Site:
From time to time, we may, with permission from the site owner, decide to link to Web sites that we determine may be of interest to our visitors. These Web sites may offer educational, governmental or other resources or may be owned or controlled by other third parties.
We are not responsible for the content of any linked site, any link(s) contained in any linked site, or any changes or updates to the information contained in such sites. BBB provides links to third party sites only as a convenience and the inclusion of any such link on our site does not imply BBB's endorsement of either the site, the organization operating such site, or any products or services of that organization. A visit to any site or page from our Web site via any such link is done entirely at your own risk.
If you find any link on our Web site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us at email@example.com about this. BBB will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.